Image Map

Monday, January 14, 2013

A math freebie. (And a suprise in my teacher mailbox!)


Hi friends!  I have a math freebie to share with you.  My students have shown a need for some extra practice with the 120 chart, so I put together a packet of a few games and a few worksheets.  

These activities –especially the puzzle worksheets- are helping them understand the patterns on the chart.  And, if you have little ones who are struggling with place value (the CCCS of recognizing that the digits in a 2-digit number represent tens and ones), the place value game in this pack should really do the trick!  

I would've liked to take pictures of us using these materials, but that day happened to be a planned observation with my principal, so I focused on being teacher instead of photographer. :) I hope you find them useful!  Click on the picture below to download the packet for FREE from my TpT store.


Also, I have to share the special mail that our class received today – our very own letter and photograph from Mr. President!  Back in November, we wrote letters to President Obama congratulating him on being reelected and asking him some questions.  I sent them out with help from Teacher to the Core, and then forgot all about it.  Well, I nearly jumped up and down when I saw the big manila envelope in my mailbox today!  (I won't share the pic because it has our school's full address displayed.)  And my students were, of course, amazed!  They begged me to copy it for each of them to take home!

Have a super week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment