Image Map

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

A Hurricane Day...?!


Well, today was my first ever “Hurricane Day!”  Most of the schools in Northeast Ohio were closed, due to Sandy’s constant rain, dangerous winds, and even snow in some parts!  It’s crazy that the effects have reached all the way to Ohio, especially when just 4 days ago it was 80 degrees and sunny here!  I’m thankful that we aren’t in any real danger, and I’m praying for those of you in the storm’s direct path.  Stay safe!

Over 200,000 people in our area lost power, but we are among the lucky ones who did not.  So, I spent most of my day with the laptop, catching up on some things I’ve been wanting to share for awhile!  My newest TpT addition is a set of Science & Social Studies Classroom Resources.  While they are specific to Ohio’s Academic Content Standards for First Grade, the topics may very well fit your curriculum, even if that is not your area.  Check it out to see!

The packet includes a curriculum map for science and social studies, a set of standards display cards (I put them in my “What are We Learning? pocket chart), and a list of 34 books to use with the different standards.  I put together these text sets in 2011 as a graduate student, and I am thrilled to say that after sharing the lists with my colleagues and then our Curriculum Director, the administration purchased a set of the books for each first grade teacher in our district!  They’re great to have on hand for read alouds during science and social studies.

Click the picture below to check out these resources.  I hope you find them useful!

No comments:

Post a Comment